Thursday, December 23, 2010

Facilitate ... with best wishes

During this holiday season, I enjoy giving and receiving best wishes to and from all I meet. Whether we say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, the intent of good will is heartily meant and felt. During a recent walk with my two dogs in a snowy wintry wonderland, I found myself thinking about how best wishes apply in my facilitation work. I know that I go into each facilitation session with the intent of best wishes. I want to do my best work to help individuals and groups explore questions, seek understanding, listen to others, and reach meaningful decisions.

I firmly believe that most people I interact with also act within the intent of best wishes. Yes, there are exceptions! A few “humbugs” can be heard or seen within facilitated sessions. However, these Scrooge-like individuals often have a valid reason for their emotions, and through genuine conversation, they often exhibit more positive attitudes.

As I enjoy another deeply meaningful Christmas season, I plan to reinforce best wishes to all in my personal and professional lives.

As my son said in our family Christmas letter,

Merry whatever holiday you celebrate to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment